Scones are the b**tard blend of a biscuit and muffin. They sound so wrong but taste so right.
MAKES ABOUT 12 SCONES. BEST SERVED THE DAY THEY ARE MADE.
- Lotusburger favorited Blueberry Walnut Lavender Scones 11 Jan 13:25
- KelliDroze added Blueberry Walnut Lavender Scones to Breakfast 08 Dec 10:49
- Jenn favorited Blueberry Walnut Lavender Scones 24 Nov 23:05
- ElizabethJuddTaylor favorited Blueberry Walnut Lavender Scones 22 Nov 17:04
- LikeIceIsCold added Blueberry Walnut Lavender Scones to adventures in the kitchen!!! 22 Nov 07:17
- Little, Brown and Company published their project Blueberry Walnut Lavender Scones 15 Oct 16:16
You Will Need
Crank your oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, sugars, and salt. Cut the oil into the flour using your hands until it all looks kind of grainy and there are no large chunks left. Stir in the motherf**king lavender.
Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the almond milk and vanilla. Mix it together until it is almost all the way combined but stop short. Fold in the berries and walnuts but be careful not to overmix.
Scoop out the dough in 1/2-cup measurements and plop onto the baking sheet. Brush with almond milk and sprinkle with white sugar. Bake until they look a little golden around on the bottom, 12 to 15 minutes.
* Can't find dried lavender? Don't trek all over town. Just leave it out and add an extra 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. We just wanted to give you a chance to be extra fancy.