Perfect use for all those spring berries
- rouge s. added Blueberry Pie Filling to Food 27 Nov 03:40
- Kaiulani W. favorited Blueberry Pie Filling 10 Jul 00:57
- Grimgirl101 favorited Blueberry Pie Filling 20 Jun 21:50
- Uga P. added Blueberry Pie Filling to Norah Jones 17 Jun 08:55
- rouge s. favorited Blueberry Pie Filling 10 Jun 22:47
- ale_corason favorited Blueberry Pie Filling 28 May 04:56
- KelliDroze added Blueberry Pie Filling to Sweet 28 May 00:18
- HylianWriter534 favorited Blueberry Pie Filling 26 May 21:47
In a small saucepan combine 1 cup of blueberries and sugar. Mash some of the blueberries with the back of a wooden spoon or spatula to release some of the juice. Cook on medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has come to a rolling boil. Whisk cornstarch into the water. Pour into boiling blueberries. Cook until a thick jam has formed, then remove from burner and allow to cool for ten minutes.
I generally use a double crust with blueberry pie because it is a little juicy. I also brush the top crust with coconut milk and sprinkle a little sugar on it. Either cut a few slits or get crafty and use a mini cookie cutter on the top crust to release the steam while the pie is baking. I generally bake it at 400 degrees F for 35-45 minutes, until the crust is golden. Or bake as directed by your pre-made pie crust.