A Nice Overskirt for Dresses, Shorts and Other Skirts
Haenuli and a few other indie brands have some gorgeous organza overskirts... for about $60-$70. Here's my sorry attempt at recreating their gorgeous creations.
The skirt is essentially a large semi circle of black organza with a ruffle along the bottom hem (the length of the ruffle was 4m, gathered to go around the bottom of the semi circle). The join between the ruffle and main body of the skirt was made more aesthetically pleasing by hand sewing some small rose trim. The semi circle was then gathered to fit around my waist, with the larger rose trim used to decorate the waist band. The velvet ribbon ties it up.
Tips: Rolled hems. Seriously.
Practice gathering the organza before doing it on the actual skirt if you haven't done it before.
Overestimate how much trim you'll need. I used up all of the smaller rose trim, but had a few cm left over of the large rose trim- that's the situation you want.
- Corvii added Black Rose Overskirt to Clothing 14 Jul 00:41
- Crafty Batty favorited Black Rose Overskirt 12 Jun 01:04
- Theresa L. favorited Black Rose Overskirt 31 May 21:53
- Alice N. added Black Rose Overskirt to Clothes 07 Dec 21:53
- Deven S. favorited Black Rose Overskirt 03 Aug 13:32
- Morbid M. favorited Black Rose Overskirt 19 Jun 20:51
- BelleandStuff favorited Black Rose Overskirt 05 May 17:50
- Alisa B. favorited Black Rose Overskirt 01 Mar 19:00
- Amalie added Black Rose Overskirt to Clothes 19 Feb 21:16
- Liliane R. added Black Rose Overskirt to costuras 08 Feb 23:46
A Jess of Some Sort posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!