Cozy and sweet!
These pretty mitts knit up in no time using your favorite sport weight yarn. A rustic wool like Nature Spun Sport by Brown Sheep gives warmth for those chilly fall mornings, while the simple & elegant lace keeps them from becoming too hot throughout the day.
You will need to be able to knit in the round to make these mitts- I prefer using the Magic Loop technique, but you can easily use DPNs if you like! These mitts fit a ladies size small, but do have a good amount of stretch to them. You can add in more pattern repeats if you need to make them bigger (the pattern repeat is 6 sts).
- Kimya J. favorited Black Locust Mitts 29 Oct 22:43
- wendi.wagner favorited Black Locust Mitts 23 May 14:31
- Alex Z. added Black Locust Mitts to Интересное 22 May 18:27
- Alissa B. favorited Black Locust Mitts 28 Apr 20:25
- Rebecca Lea G. favorited Black Locust Mitts 28 Apr 13:36
- Jessica published their project Black Locust Mitts 25 Apr 09:00
When you've reached the length you like, it's time to begin knitting the thumb!
1. M1L, place marker, knit 1st rnd lace pattern until last st, place marker, M1R, k1
2. Knit to marker, slip marker, knit 2nd rnd lace pattern until marker, slip marker, k to end
Repeat these two rounds until there are 13 sts between markers (you may need to continue increasing if you need a larger size).