White-on-Black Snowflake Motif
Black and white fabrics, lace trims and textiles are always popular in interiors. In fact, a black-and-white design is suitable for both a rustic farmhouse and an elegant city home. A collection of these eggs looks fantastic on display in a rustic ceramic bowl on a crocheted doily. You could also turn these eggs into hanging ornaments – they would look great hanging from a tree with crocheted snowflakes.
© 2021 Katya Trischuk / Search Press · Reproduced with permission. · ‘Egg Art’ by Katya Trischuk ISBN: 9781782218494 RRP: £9.99 Publisher: Search Press (Unless it isn’t a Search Press book! Double check this) Available from www.searchpress.com
- liza.minelli.564 favorited Black And White Snowflake Egg 07 Feb 19:00
- liza.minelli.564 commented on Black And White Snowflake Egg 07 Feb 18:58
- rond w. favorited Black And White Snowflake Egg 08 Jan 07:19
- Crafterella featured Black And White Snowflake Egg 02 Jan 23:00
- Search Press published her project Black And White Snowflake Egg 01 Jan 09:00
Close up the hole in the bottom of the egg. Using a
pencil, divide the egg into eight equal sections by drawing a horizontal and vertical line to create a cross, then adding four diagonal lines. Repeat on the other side of the egg, making sure
the lines on both sides join up. On both sides, draw a dot where all the lines cross in the centre, then add a circle of eight petals to create a daisy shape.
Go over your linework with beeswax, drawing the lines boldly so they stand out, and let dry.