Give your friend a card they can keep forever!
My friend’s 21st was coming up so I decided instead of a normal card I would make her a message in bottle so she should keep it forever.
- SincerelyTheNerdyGirl favorited Birthday Message In A Bottle 04 Apr 14:49
- KozmicBlues added Birthday Message In A Bottle to Anti-aburriment 10 Jan 15:49
- ktull329 favorited Birthday Message In A Bottle 22 Sep 23:47
- Shadow M. favorited Birthday Message In A Bottle 19 Aug 01:08
- GoddessGirl favorited Birthday Message In A Bottle 16 Jun 15:25
- Tristahx favorited Birthday Message In A Bottle 26 Nov 03:05
- lolEffects favorited Birthday Message In A Bottle 18 Aug 23:24
- Belle favorited Birthday Message In A Bottle 02 Aug 23:00
- almosthope favorited Birthday Message In A Bottle 26 Jun 21:22
Fill the bottom of the bottle so the key will have something to sit in. I used silver glitter and birthday confetti because it was a 21st and I wanted it to be all sparkly and girly. But you could use beads or beach sand if you preferred. Anything really, that will sit nicely at the bottom of the bottle.
I normally buy my keys from a home industry (cake) shop but it closed down a couple of months ago. I tried at the craft store and they said they normally do stock but they were out of stock and they wouldn’t have been able to get any on stock by the time I needed it. So I had to settle on making mine out of cardboard.
I traced my bathroom door key onto cardboard, cut it out and stuck a 21 confetti onto it.
But as luck would have it, not being able to obtain a 21st key turned out to be a good thing as I only realised when I went to put the key into the bottle that the 21st keys I normally buy would never been able to fit down the bottle neck. But maybe you will be able to find a smaller one. The ones I have seen have always been the same standard size. If not I would say making your own paper one would be best.
Put one of the ribbon stands through the charm and tie it around the bottom of the bottle neck. I used a dog charm as my friend adores dogs. I didn’t tie a bow and only stuck to one colour cause I didn’t want it to look to busy but you can go crazy and use multiple different coloured ribbons and tie bows if you want.