Annelie's Raw Food Power
Serves 2 - Preparation time 5 minutes
“When I’m very busy and need a boost I make this protein-rich drink, which is packed full of antioxidant-rich berries and immune-feeding medicinal mushrooms. You can add whatever extra berry yumminess you want.”
- Maxine M. added Berry Crazy to To-make list 03 Apr 23:25
- iscrafte added Berry Crazy to Om nom nom! 25 Dec 14:34
- iscrafte favorited Berry Crazy 25 Dec 14:34
- Shantelle t. added Berry Crazy to food!! 02 Oct 06:35
- Shantelle t. added Berry Crazy to something i'd like to try 02 Oct 06:32
- Grimgirl101 favorited Berry Crazy 20 Jun 21:49
- jade.owen.338 added Berry Crazy to Other food 08 Jun 20:00
- Chloe L. favorited Berry Crazy 01 Jun 13:37
- jemima d. favorited Berry Crazy 31 May 01:19
- OH! Its the Domo :3 favorited Berry Crazy 30 May 04:52
Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
“Medicinal mushrooms - People often ask me what are the best immune-boosting herbs and my top recommendations are medicinal mushrooms. Each medicinal mushroom possesses its own magical properties; however, using a blend of mushrooms really feeds, supports and works as an insurance system for the immune and nervous systems.
Mushrooms are extremely rich in immune-enhancing polysaccharides (simple plant sugars) which science has proven to be one of the reasons why our immune system responds so well to certain plants and nutrient-rich foods. I am a big fan of reishi and chaga mushrooms, but any mushroom blends are highly beneficial. These particular mushrooms are fabulous immune tonics due to their high potency of antioxidants and polysaccharides that protect against free-radical damage. They also help to strengthen a child’s nervous system and are fantastic preventatives – far superior to any synthetic multivitamin. Reishi is also good for a chronic cough and beta glucan-rich chaga can help chronic allergies.
Used over the course of a couple of months, medicinal mushrooms may also have the potential to calm an emotional, highly spirited child. In my opinion, medicinal mushrooms are future foods and are one of the most important, well-researched and preventative medicines of today.”