Janina O'Leary shared this Southern sweet with larks & japes
A dessert perfect for anniversaries, brunch, Tuesdays (basically any occasion), TRACE Executive Pastry Chef Janina O’Leary serves up her divine recipe for Chocolate Ganache filled Beignets.
- liza.minelli.564 added Beignets In Chocolate Sauce to Mardi Gras Party 02 Feb 20:01
- kzk favorited Beignets In Chocolate Sauce 28 Nov 18:03
- CraftyCat added Beignets In Chocolate Sauce to Cooking 17 Jun 18:13
- Angela favorited Beignets In Chocolate Sauce 09 Feb 21:58
- Shantelle t. added Beignets In Chocolate Sauce to food!! 08 Dec 07:08
- Megan S. favorited Beignets In Chocolate Sauce 04 Dec 04:24
- PsychoticWeirdo favorited Beignets In Chocolate Sauce 26 Nov 03:42
- angie favorited Beignets In Chocolate Sauce 14 Nov 06:34
- Ashley S. favorited Beignets In Chocolate Sauce 15 Oct 18:40
- StupidEyed added Beignets In Chocolate Sauce to Recipes To Try 15 Oct 03:58
You Will Need
1. Mix water, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl and let sit for about 18 minutes.
2. Beat the eggs, salt and evaporated milk together.
3. Mix egg mixture to the yeast mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, add 3 cups of the flour to the yeast mixture and stir to combine.
5. Add the butter and continue to stir while adding the remaining flour.
6. Remove dough from the bowl, place onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
7. Spray a large bowl with nonstick spray. Put dough into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a towel. Let rise in a warm place for at least 2 hours.
8. Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
9. Roll the dough out to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut into 1-inch squares.
10. Deep-fry, until they become a golden color. Dust with confectioner sugar.
for fudge sauce:
1. Boil milk and butter in a saucepan.
2. Add cocoa bring back to a boil and rest of ingredients and cook for about 10 minutes on low to medium heat.
3. Strain and cool.