Bright pink ravioli filled with goats cheese, toasted almonds and red onion chutney!
We've been making our own pasta dough for a while and couldn't resist experimenting by adding beetroot to the mix. It gave the pasta an amazing pink colour and a slight hint of the beetroot in the taste!
- Alecia B. favorited Beetroot Ravioli 22 Sep 02:27
- CraftyCat favorited Beetroot Ravioli 03 Sep 08:35
- Samantha added Beetroot Ravioli to cooking 31 Aug 14:50
- SugarNSpiceLily added Beetroot Ravioli to dairy pasta 30 Aug 21:20
- SugarNSpiceLily favorited Beetroot Ravioli 30 Aug 21:19
- Cat Morley published her project Beetroot Ravioli 30 Aug 17:15
You Will Need
Place the pasta flour in a bowl and make a well in the middle. Blend two beetroots with their own juice into a smooth puree and pout it in to the well. Crack the two eggs in to the well and combine with the flour using a fork until a thick dough forms. Knead the dough and then leave to rise for 30 minutes.
Roll the pasta dough through a pasta maker and then use a circular cookie cutter to cut circles from the pasta. Place a spoonful of the filling in the center of your pasta circles, add a small spoonful of red onion chutney, brush around the outside of the pasta circle with water and then place a second circle on top.