Vintage Beauty Parlor
The beehive can be as vertiginous as you please, depending on the occasion and your mood. In the 1960s women often slept in their hives, wrapping them in a scarf to protect them and simply smoothing them down in the morning.
- Mistress Nora of Madness favorited Beehive Yourself 29 Sep 21:53
- Barjaa B. added Beehive Yourself to Hairstyles 27 Jun 17:40
- meg B. favorited Beehive Yourself 24 Jun 23:20
- MamaMindy added Beehive Yourself to Curly Hair Tutorials 11 Nov 22:17
- Lee S. favorited Beehive Yourself 31 Jul 23:22
- Emma H. favorited Beehive Yourself 27 May 11:45
- Maxine M. added Beehive Yourself to To-make list 04 Apr 00:43
- Gabriela M. favorited Beehive Yourself 22 Feb 00:57
- dalekordancer favorited Beehive Yourself 15 Jan 03:39
- Sarah Kim added Beehive Yourself to Beauty 18 Dec 18:53
Using the end of a pin-tail comb, divide your hair in half, separating the front from the back. Do this by taking a section across your head from your crown to the top of each ear, one side at a time. Try to keep your sectioning neat, as this will help you to achieve symmetry in your finished hairstyle. Brush the front section forward neatly and clip it on top of the front of your head.
Gently backcomb the front section of your hair from the roots to midway along its length. With the brush, lightly sweep the front section of your hair over the donut so it is covered. For a slightly softer look, leave out your fringe/bangs, if you have one, which you can style as desired – for instance, brush
it to one side, pin it or curl it.