Mason Jar Madness
This jar is a must for every sewer, no matter their sewing ability. Even if you have never sewn before, you will want to make the pincushion—and it’s actually quite easy to make!
- 108041_2F2015-03-17-165919-Mason+Jar+Madness+-+Beautiful+Bird+Sewing+Jar+Patterns.pdf 151 KB [ Download ]
- Ms Dorito added Beautiful Bird Sewing Jar to sew craft 12 Jun 18:11
- rene c. added Beautiful Bird Sewing Jar to To-make list 20 Jul 19:45
- rene c. favorited Beautiful Bird Sewing Jar 20 Jul 19:45
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Beautiful Bird Sewing Jar 19 Jul 01:28
- mmotse03 favorited Beautiful Bird Sewing Jar 23 Aug 16:45
- Wild A. favorited Beautiful Bird Sewing Jar 16 Aug 18:25
- Diana B. favorited Beautiful Bird Sewing Jar 12 Aug 21:04
- Sexymamalea favorited Beautiful Bird Sewing Jar 18 Jul 01:49
- Mandy K. favorited Beautiful Bird Sewing Jar 13 Jul 19:07
- Peaches S. favorited Beautiful Bird Sewing Jar 13 Jul 16:46
CUT THE PIECES. Cut out the bird pattern pieces from felt.
SEW THE BODY. Whip stitch the body underside to one of the body sides, starting under the neck as indicated on the pattern. Repeat to stitch the body underside to the other body side.
FINISH THE BODY. Whip stitch from the bird neck over the crown of the head, leaving the spine open. Stuff the bird, then stitch the rest of the body closed along the spine.
ADD THE TAIL. Whip stitch the two layers of the bird tail together, then stitch it to the body.
ADD THE WINGS. Stitch the bird wings to the bird body using the mini buttons as the wing joints.
ADD THE FACE. Stitch the beak in place and add the seed beads for eyes.
ATTACH THE BIRD. Glue or stitch the bird to the center of the jar lid and add two decorative buttons off to one side.
You can add extra embellishments to this jar! Make a fabric yo-yo to cover the jar lid, or just glue a flat circle of fabric to the jar lid. To make the tape measure detail, glue a piece of fabric tape measure around the jar rim. Sew the halves of a button snap to each side of a piece of fabric tape measure, glue a silver button to one side as decoration, and attach the piece to the jar rim as a loop for mini scissors.