Native american beading
this was pretty difficult for me however if you bead regularly it will probably be easy :P it did take a while. sorry my pictures arent the greatest lol you will also want to use a beading needle because it makes it a whole lot easier.
- Shell L. favorited Beaded Pendant For A Necklace Or Make Another For Earrings 17 Jul 04:52
- Kimberly M. added Beaded Pendant For A Necklace Or Make Another For Earrings to jewelry patterns 15 Jun 05:12
- Karina B. favorited Beaded Pendant For A Necklace Or Make Another For Earrings 12 Sep 04:59
- Sue S. favorited Beaded Pendant For A Necklace Or Make Another For Earrings 03 Aug 12:27
- sherri k. favorited Beaded Pendant For A Necklace Or Make Another For Earrings 18 Jul 13:04
- Riya K. favorited Beaded Pendant For A Necklace Or Make Another For Earrings 14 Jul 17:54
you will start with the long beads that are in the middle. step one thread 2 beads onto your string. leave a tail because you will tie this off later. come back around and only go through the first bead. pull and it should go beside it like the third picture. go back down through the second bead. your thread is now coming out of the second bead bottom. you sting on the third. and just like the second step you go back through the second bead only and pull tight. go through the third now and continue until you get to the end of the long beads.
your string is now coming out of the top end. if not flip it over. thread a bead onto your needle and go UNDER the thread between the two last beads. go back up on the other side and go through the SAME bead again. continue till you get to the end then turn around and bead between the thread between beads. you will decrease each row. when you get to the row where there are two beads stop.
once you get to the point where there are two beads on top thread 6 beads onto your thread. come around and go through those 6 beads again and then go down to the bead where you left two beads together. go over two rows and then down till you come out under the third long bead. go up through the second and back down through the first.
string on your beads in the colors you want. for mine i didn 5 turquoise, 2blue,2 turquoise, 2 black. then add 3 of your choice color(i chose black and to through all 3 then go back up through the bead before you put the 3 on all the way up and back through the long bead. go down through the second long bead and repeat till you get to the end. tie your knot off between beads (the triangle part up top) to hide it.
there you have your pendant or if you want earrings. for earrings you would have to make another one of course and add the earring hooks. for a necklace get a rope or chain or whatever you prefer and string it on. :)