These are butterfly earrings I made :)
My Great-Aunt asked me to recreate a pair of butterfly earrings she bought. She needed 20 pairs (the 1st picture) for my cousins participating in a Butterfly Dance at our family reunion this summer. I live too far away to go, but I always make something to send and was happy to make the earrings. She sent me the original pair, and I took one apart to see how it was made, and then changed the pattern a little bit to fit the supplies I could get a hold of. Honestly the hardest thing was finding the right size seed beads in the right colors, and then finding the center square beads. It took a lot of internet searching before I found the correct ones. The 1st pic was all the earrings for my Auntie and the others I made for my mom to give to friends, because she liked them so much. I've also made a few extra pairs and posted them in my jewelry shop @ CraftCafe.co
For the 1st picture I used all size 15 seed beads for the wings.
The 2nd, 3rd and 5th I used a mix of 12 and 15's
The 4th has only 1 set of wings and I used all 12's.
You have to get 30 gauge wire and 4mm square beads with large holes, or you'll never get to make the whole butterfly. Because the wire loops in an out of the center square beads a lot.
I'll try and remember to take pictures of the next ones I make, so I can do a tutorial for them.
- Toril K. favorited Beaded Butterfly Earrigns 30 Aug 20:23
- cupcake gangster favorited Beaded Butterfly Earrigns 20 Apr 04:19
- Moira A. favorited Beaded Butterfly Earrigns 08 Feb 08:47
- Aliza L. added Beaded Butterfly Earrigns to Butterfly earrings 23 Dec 05:04
- C G. favorited Beaded Butterfly Earrigns 20 Jul 16:55
- piefacetoldmeso added Beaded Butterfly Earrigns to dance camp 16 Apr 00:26
- Mary Lou V. favorited Beaded Butterfly Earrigns 02 Apr 02:48
- Martha.Martin.Stocks favorited Beaded Butterfly Earrigns 26 Oct 16:06
- lindalinoy favorited Beaded Butterfly Earrigns 24 Oct 18:28
- KraftiiKatie favorited Beaded Butterfly Earrigns 03 Oct 20:27
Princess Pam-attitude posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!