Recently I have seen a tutorial for a couple of beautiful hanging plants from the wonderful Dörthe of ars textura. Since I have a weakness for upcycling, I decided to make two hanging vases with light bulbs. Unfortunately, I had to realize that I'm not MacGyver.
When I first tried to unscrew a light bulb with a pair of pliers, the glass literally blew up in my face. While I hurriedly searched for my goggles, I could already see the newspaper headlines in my head: "German blogger loses eye in a freak-accident". After my second attempt sent me in search for protective gloves, I had to admit in the end that either A) I am too clumsy or B) all the images on the internet of light bulb vases are made with Photoshop. Satisfied, I chose option B) and decided to give up. I owe it to my aunt that I got my hanging vases in the end, because she gave me a pack of transparent baubles last week and thereby freed me of the light bulb curse.
- rene c. favorited Bauble Vase 11 Aug 00:53
- Summer O. favorited Bauble Vase 19 May 00:40
- gettothepoint added Bauble Vase to home decor 13 Aug 00:57
- Maggs added Bauble Vase to Household 08 Aug 20:43
- Alissa B. favorited Bauble Vase 30 Jul 21:51
- Ronja Lotte published her project Bauble Vase 23 Jul 06:00