Inspired from another how-to on this site.
I got inspired from another how-to on this site to make these! The time frame really varies on how determined you are.
- Barbara M. favorited Batman! Comic Book Flats. 21 Jul 09:15
- Ronald T. commented on Batman! Comic Book Flats. 11 Jul 05:27
- Ronald T. favorited Batman! Comic Book Flats. 11 Jul 05:27
- Kevin Huggins favorited Batman! Comic Book Flats. 28 Jan 09:42
- Colleen L. added Batman! Comic Book Flats. to Batman shoes 06 Sep 07:09
- Colleen L. favorited Batman! Comic Book Flats. 06 Sep 07:09
- Surf jewels favorited Batman! Comic Book Flats. 10 Apr 10:06
- Gwen W. favorited Batman! Comic Book Flats. 27 Jan 19:32
- December XX favorited Batman! Comic Book Flats. 23 Nov 16:05
- Josephine B. favorited Batman! Comic Book Flats. 02 Sep 05:48
First round all of your items together! I posted a picture of everything I used and lay down some sort of surface if you are making your wonderous shoes on your mothers new table cloth!
Start cutting out images from the comic books you choose and I reccomend cutting out "scenes" from teh comic books to lay down on the shoes first. Scenes take up more space than you can put character pictures or sayings or whatever you like over that. Its just to make sure you have a good base.
Next take your comic pieces one at a time and place it on a spot on your shoe to see if it fits in the spot well. ( I reccomend working from the heel forward).
Take your brush and brush a good layer of mod podge onto the the piece you are going to stick onto your shoe. I found that you can't really have to much on the comic piece, it will just make it easier to bend to the shape of the shoe. Continue with this step until you have covered the whole shoe.
After all of your pieces have been put on, ask yourself: "Do I want to layer more pieces over the base of the shoe?" Your answer is yes, the "Kaboom, Klik, and Attack!" Pieces look great scattered randomly as do any other pieces you want to add.
Brush a layer of mod podge over the entire shoe to seal it. Let it dry for 15-20minuets per layer. Repeat this step atleast two more times.
After your shoes are dry, wear them and let all of your friends be jealous, let your guy friends think you actually read comic books, and if you really do, your even cooler in my book! :)