A stylish cover to keep your laptop scratch-free!
This stylish laptop sleeve keeps your computer safe from scratches! It makes a great weekend project!
- The number of cast on stitches will depend upon what type of computer you have. If you have a MacBook Pro like me, you will need to cast on 56 stitches. For any other computer, just cast on the number of stitches needed to measure the length of your laptop. Just make sure that your cast on stitches are in intervals of 8.
- Rows 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9: knit 8, purl 8 across
- Rows 2, 4, 6, 8, 10: knit
- Rows 11, 13, 15, 17, 19: purl 8, knit 8 across
- Rows 12, 14, 16, 18, 20: knit
- Repeat rows 1 - 10
- Repeat rows 11- 20
- Continue this pattern until you have five stripes. (Each block of ten rows is considered a "stripe.")Then, switch to accent color.
- Work two stripes in accent color. Then, switch back to main color.
- Work another five stripes in main color. Bind off.
- Fold piece in half with right sides together. Stitch the two sides together.
- Decide where your three buttons should be placed, and sew them on. I used the accent color to do this, so that there was an extra pop of color. :)
- With crochet hook, evenly work a single crochet border all the way around the top of the laptop sleeve. To make button loops, simply chain 10 when opposite from a button before continuing on with single crochet.