An easy dessert or breakfast eggroll that the whole family will love!
Many, many, maaaany years ago, to celebrate our high school graduation a girlfriend and I went to Disney in Orlando, FL. We were there for two weeks on a tight budget and it was the first time for both of us so we wanted to see everything. Because we were so broke, we weren’t eating very high end, it was mostly breakfast buffets to fill up and get our money’s worth and then we’d get Subway (next door to our motel) for dinner. But I do have one food memory from Disney and that was a banana and chocolate egg roll I had at Epcot. It was diabolical–crispy on the outside and sweet and soft on the inside! This is my version, in which I added almond butter, and instead of including chocolate inside the egg roll, I made a chocolate dipping sauce. It was even better than I remembered - and much cheaper!
Makes 6 egg rolls.
- Rebecca M. favorited Banana Almond Butter Egg Roll 19 Jun 23:57
- bone.muck favorited Banana Almond Butter Egg Roll 12 Sep 16:27
- natasha macgregor silva favorited Banana Almond Butter Egg Roll 26 May 13:21
- The Domestic Goddess in Training added Banana Almond Butter Egg Roll to Food 04 May 02:03
- Rikki L. favorited Banana Almond Butter Egg Roll 07 Mar 15:19
- Gigi B. added Banana Almond Butter Egg Roll to food 11 Feb 20:38
- abigail.ponchillia favorited Banana Almond Butter Egg Roll 17 Jan 21:50
- Emo Chick favorited Banana Almond Butter Egg Roll 10 Jan 19:51
- AlterEgo Designs favorited Banana Almond Butter Egg Roll 30 Dec 05:43
- Rachael H. added Banana Almond Butter Egg Roll to Food 17 Dec 03:36
Place the eggroll wrapper on the counter in front of you, spread with peanut or almond butter and place half a banana in the center. Roll it once over the banana, fold in the sides, wet the edges and roll it the rest of the way. Fry it in hot oil just long enough to get golden, but not long enough for the banana to get mushy–maybe 2 minutes each.
To make the chocolate sauce, you will need:
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup chocolate chips
Combine heavy cream & chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 30 if necessary until smooth. Thin with more heavy cream or half and half to get the consistency you want for dipping.