Balsamic Garlic Chicken with Couscous
So now we are in Spring, I think it’s about time to dust off those lighter meal ideas and start look forward to Summer! I’m kicking it all off with this gorgeous chicken and couscous dish covered in a sultry balsamic, garlic, and honey glaze. Here is what you will need to serve two hungry people.
- Kirsty L. favorited Balsamic Garlic Chicken With Couscous 06 Oct 12:51
- Nicole Pyle favorited Balsamic Garlic Chicken With Couscous 29 Jul 05:20
- Kala V. favorited Balsamic Garlic Chicken With Couscous 16 Jul 18:31
- Suzi T. favorited Balsamic Garlic Chicken With Couscous 15 Jul 15:19
- Alex B. favorited Balsamic Garlic Chicken With Couscous 15 Jul 12:04
- hannah g. favorited Balsamic Garlic Chicken With Couscous 14 Jul 22:15
- KitchenMason published her project Balsamic Garlic Chicken With Couscous 19 May 19:48
You Will Need
Tip the couscous into a large glass bowl, add in the butter and season well with salt & pepper.
Pour in 200ml of the chicken stock (reserve the remaining 60ml for the chicken later) stir briefly with a fork then cover with cling film & leave to one side whilst we get on with the chicken.
Place a heavy, non stick pan over a medium heat.
Meanwhile, place the chicken breasts inbetween some clingfilm & flatten to about 2cm thick with a rolling pin. Season well with salt & pepper.
Add the butter & olive oil into the heated pan then lay in the chicken.
Cook for about 5-6 mins on each side until golden and cooked through.
Place on a plate and cover with foil to rest and keep warm.
With the pan still on the heat, add in the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic & honey and continue to cook for about 5 minutes until it reduces to a sticky glaze.
Back to the couscous. Remove the cling film and fluff the cooked couscous up with a fork.
Tip in the parsley, spring onions, almonds and lemon zest and give it all a good mix.
Finally, slice the chicken and serve on warmed plates with the couscous. Finish off by pouring over the hot, balsamic glaze.
And there you have it! This is definitely one I will be making again. It’s packed full of fresh, spring flavours and only clocking in at around 430 calories per portion. Not bad if you’re after that bikini bod or 6 pack for the summer! Oh, did I mention that it’s absolutely delicious by the way? No? Well it is!