boring flats to ballet style toe-shoes . how to-sday
It's been forever since I've done a tutorial, but now I've graduated! Please forgive me for my very noticeable absence. I'm in cleaning mode, so I've been separating everything I own into things I want and things I don't anymore. These shoes almost landed in the dreaded Pile Two, and then I got this cute (and absurdly girlie) little idea for them!
- Ungrateful bat added Ballet Style Toe Shoes to You do you 20 May 07:39
- hannah l. favorited Ballet Style Toe Shoes 03 Jun 03:23
- hannah l. added Ballet Style Toe Shoes to Diy shoes 03 Jun 03:23
- Lara L. favorited Ballet Style Toe Shoes 02 Mar 14:49
- Suzi T. favorited Ballet Style Toe Shoes 08 Nov 19:01
- Maxine M. added Ballet Style Toe Shoes to To-make list 13 Apr 16:06
- Ida T. added Ballet Style Toe Shoes to Sewing, felting, yarncraft 27 Jan 15:37
- Jessica S. added Ballet Style Toe Shoes to Shoe Tutorials 27 Jan 11:39
- jodi r. favorited Ballet Style Toe Shoes 23 Jan 00:29
- Bonnie B. added Ballet Style Toe Shoes to Shoes 03 Dec 14:04
Try your shoes on to find a spot at the back of each side where a jump ring won't rub your ankle. Mine went into the little gaps between the skinny back of my foot and the shoe. Mark the spots if you need to, then [carefully!] bore a little hole using a skewer, drill bit, or some jewelry pliers. If you're using leather shoes, a drill might be the best option. Don't stab yourself like I did!
Open one of your jump rings, and thread it through one of the holes. Close it back as tightly as possible. Always open and close jump rings forward to back, not side to side. This keeps the circle from bending out of shape and losing its strength. I got these large rings from Supply Pusher on Etsy.
Now just tie these around your ankles and then finish it off with a cute little bow! The best part of these (besides reviving an old pair of shoes and the fact that it's practically free) is that you can change the ribbons out to match anything you're wearing! I know it's been awhile on the How To-sdays, but what do you think?!