How to Make Silver Charms from Metal Clay
A dainty pair of ballet shoes complete with silver ribbons makes the perfect gift for a ballet enthusiast. Sculpting the shoes is not difficult, but the ribbon is more challenging. Make sure that the ribbon clay is well hydrated. If you find the ribbon difficult in silver clay, make it in pale pink or white polymer clay, which is easier to handle.
Make the ballet shoes in silver clay but do not make the ribbons. Pierce with a peg and loop finding in the heel, then fire and polish. Make the ribbon streamers using pastel-colored polymer clay. Press onto the shoes and arrange the ribbons, then bake the whole piece as recommended on the package of polymer clay. Use epoxy or superglue to attach the polymer clay bow to the silver shoes when cool.
- Luna D. favorited Ballet Charm 25 Apr 07:09
- natashua.vanaswegen favorited Ballet Charm 17 Feb 06:59
- spy c. added Ballet Charm to Best crafts 07 Feb 14:01
- spy c. favorited Ballet Charm 07 Feb 14:01
- Sarah S. added Ballet Charm to Jewelry 19 Jan 06:59
- Sarah S. added Ballet Charm to Cheap things to try 18 Jan 21:24
- mpanda favorited Ballet Charm 10 Jan 07:55
- judithchen added Ballet Charm to craft ideas 26 Dec 22:51
- Aurum Press published her project Ballet Charm 01 Dec 22:58