Baked risotto with cauliflower, gruyère & crisp bread crumbs
Hardly any work and done in a snap. Eat with just a spoon while watching a good movie.
- Shantelle t. added Baked Risotto to food!! 08 Dec 16:39
- wiga i. added Baked Risotto to FOOD 13 May 16:28
- Jasinta M. added Baked Risotto to Dinner Time 01 Apr 22:38
- melia.person favorited Baked Risotto 08 Mar 04:15
- Jenny Makes Stuff! favorited Baked Risotto 06 Mar 14:55
- KelliDroze added Baked Risotto to Food 22 Feb 02:15
- Risa.Hanae (JapZilla) favorited Baked Risotto 21 Feb 20:54
Boil the cauliflower in water for 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet. Add the onion and saute for about 5 minutes, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the rice. Saute all of this for another 2 minutes or so. Add the wine and then pour in the broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in the cauliflower and cheese. Put a lid on the skillet.
Put the skillet in the oven and bake the risotto for 25 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed.
Grind the dry bread in a food processor or mince with a knife.
Uncover the skillet about 5 minutes before the risotto is done (Watch out! Hot!) and sprinkle the bread crumbs on top.
Bake, uncovered, until browned, then serve.