SERVES 4 TO 6
Put a healthful California twist on a traditional Italian favorite and you’ve got Avocado Pesto Pasta. Adding avocado to pesto creates a rich and creamy texture without using cheese. Kids and adults often tell me this is the best pasta they’ve ever eaten!
- Miss_Fit favorited Avocado Pesto Pasta 23 Feb 03:53
- KMOM14 added Avocado Pesto Pasta to Recipes 16 Sep 02:35
- Evelyn M. favorited Avocado Pesto Pasta 31 Mar 23:25
- Penny F. added Avocado Pesto Pasta to cooking 11 Oct 13:02
- HylianWriter534 favorited Avocado Pesto Pasta 07 Jul 04:53
- Alice N. added Avocado Pesto Pasta to Cooking 17 Jun 19:45
- KelliDroze added Avocado Pesto Pasta to Food 07 Jun 23:55
- Toni F. favorited Avocado Pesto Pasta 06 Jun 03:54
- Tara Rees favorited Avocado Pesto Pasta 05 Jun 11:38
- Tess added Avocado Pesto Pasta to food 04 Jun 22:44
Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, make the pesto by combining basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and oil in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Toss pasta with pesto. For an extra touch of color and flavor, top pasta with cherry or sun- dried tomatoes. Divide pasta among serving bowls and garnish each serving with a basil leaf.