This is an Australian classic
This pie is a real Australian icon, when made with good ingredients its great, my family and myself included loves this recipe and everyone whom has tried it asks for seconds, it taste surprisingly like the real thing brought in the shops by well know Australian companies, but better because it home made.
I have the recipe here for individual pies but I normally just make a big family sized pie for the family to eat for dinner.
- Raven N. favorited Aussie Meat Pie 06 Dec 12:13
- Shantelle t. added Aussie Meat Pie to food!! 02 Oct 00:40
- Grimgirl101 favorited Aussie Meat Pie 20 Jun 21:54
- Xx13.CrowsxX replied to a comment on her project Aussie Meat Pie 28 May 07:55
- lola s. commented on Aussie Meat Pie 28 May 07:23
- lola s. favorited Aussie Meat Pie 28 May 07:23
- Joe W. favorited Aussie Meat Pie 22 May 21:57
You Will Need
Preheat oven to 220°C. Place a baking tray into oven. Grease 4 x 8cm base measurement pie pans.
Cut 4 x 15cm circles from shortcrust pastry. Use to line bases and sides of pans. Fill with mince. Brush rims with water. Cut 4 x 15cm circles from puff pastry. Place over meat. Press to seal. Trim. Brush with egg. Season.
Place pies onto hot tray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Serve.