Make a shield that barely costs you anything and looks so much more authentic than anything bought in a store:)
This is so fun, so easy, and so inexpensive! I found a pizza pan at Wal-Mart for like $5, had some leftover sculpey clay, gold spray paint, and puffy paint lying around, so all in all I only had to pay $5 on this whole shield, and it looks SOOOO much better than anything I could have bought pre-made in a store. Now I totally forgot to add a handle and ended up using packing tape on the back, which I definitely do NOT recommend....i would recommend using some kind of rivets before you start all these steps.
My husband and I made our ENTIRE costumes....we spend WAY too much time on them haha but we loved them. I was Athena and he was Perseus. The rest of our costumes were mostly sewn or made out of fun foam that we painted:) We were definitely proud of them!
- venucifer favorited Athena's Shield 03 Jan 20:06
- Aurelie L. added Athena's Shield to Accessoires Déguisement 14 Mar 21:21
- DocDoolittle favorited Athena's Shield 05 Nov 13:00
- LynnieAttackedByWeather favorited Athena's Shield 04 Sep 19:36
- Caaryn S. added Athena's Shield to Other Fandoms 10 Mar 06:31
- Caaryn S. replied to a comment on Athena's Shield 24 Feb 22:16
- Caaryn S. favorited Athena's Shield 24 Feb 22:05
- Veronica favorited Athena's Shield 27 Oct 17:00
- orenintre favorited Athena's Shield 29 Sep 11:09
- choco s. favorited Athena's Shield 23 Aug 05:48
Take your pizza pan and some sculpey clay (doesn't matter what color since you will be painting over it) and sculpt whatever you want on the shield. Then bake it at whatever temperature your clay needs to be baked at and just bake it while it's on the pizza pan so you don't have to lift it while it's still in danger of messing up.