A great gift for any book lover!
These bookmarks are my favorite! You can either create a quick abstract work of art on canvas, or repurpose an old painting that has been sitting around your studio by removing it from its wood frame and cutting it up. If you are going to create a piece of art for this project, be sure to create something fun and colorful!
Keep in mind you can add additional design elements to the bookmark when you are done such as words or mini charms hanging from the ribbon.
When creating the fun, abstract artwork for the front of the bookmark, get creative and don't over think the creative process. Use bold, bright colors and maybe a stencil or two for a patterned look.
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Artsy Canvas Bookmark 18 Jul 04:13
- Emma H. favorited Artsy Canvas Bookmark 13 Apr 17:39
- Moira A. added Artsy Canvas Bookmark to arty stuff 10 Apr 22:12
- Moira A. favorited Artsy Canvas Bookmark 10 Apr 22:11
- Jennifer McCully published her project Artsy Canvas Bookmark 04 Apr 09:00
These bookmarks can be finished off in several ways.
1. You can fuse the two fabrics together with a product like Stitch Witchery and sewing them together along the entire border.
2. You can skip fusing them together first and simply sew them together.
3. Instead of using a sewing machine you can either hand stitch the two fabrics together.
4. Last, if you are not into sewing, you can use a fabric glue to glue the two strips of favorite together. Be sure to follow the instructions for that particular fabric glue.
Once you are done adhering the two fabrics together, punch a hole at the time using grommet pliers. You will need to use the grommet pliers since the two fabrics together is pretty thick to hole punch through. Add ribbon, leather cord, suede cord - really, anything that you prefer to finish the bookmark off!