turn your favorite art into a coffee table conversation piece
These coasters are great for preserving your beloved art prints in a new way. You can stay classy while protecting your furniture - Mod Podge hard coat makes these coasters durable.
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Artist Coasters 01 Mar 19:43
- Kimya J. favorited Artist Coasters 04 Nov 02:55
- MIkayla B. favorited Artist Coasters 07 Sep 21:09
- Bronwyn T. added Artist Coasters to Home Decor 03 Sep 04:12
- Alexander J. commented on Artist Coasters 24 Aug 14:22
- Anna T. commented on Artist Coasters 23 Aug 16:27
- Jaide H. favorited Artist Coasters 14 Aug 06:46
- Lisa D. favorited Artist Coasters 14 Aug 01:47
- Dawn B. favorited Artist Coasters 14 Aug 01:21
- Crafterella featured Artist Coasters 08 Aug 23:00
Trim your poster print or your postcards to size of the wooden squares, taking care not to trim away components you want to include.
Glue the art to one side of the wood, ensuring all sides and corners are thoroughly anchored. Use a bone folder to smooth if needed.
Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge Hard Coat to one face - painting in unidirectional strokes. Let dry at least 30 minutes. Repeat until you have 5 layers on each face, including the edges - don't leave any wood or paper exposed.
Use 400 grit sandpaper to wet sand the coasters. Polish with #0000 steel wool. You can repeat step 4 as needed until your coasters are as thick as desired.