Fluffy buttermilk pancakes spiced with cinnamon and topped with caramelized apples.
The aroma of these pancakes will bring everyone running to the kitchen, and their delectable taste will make sure they stay there.
- Rebecca M. favorited Apple Cinnamon Pancakes 26 Jun 15:15
- AlterEgo Designs favorited Apple Cinnamon Pancakes 30 Dec 05:42
- KelliDroze added Apple Cinnamon Pancakes to Breakfast 27 Oct 23:13
- SteamAlyce favorited Apple Cinnamon Pancakes 06 Jul 21:38
- Jimmy D. favorited Apple Cinnamon Pancakes 05 Jul 09:17
- xXJackkieXx added Apple Cinnamon Pancakes to Foooooood 11 Jun 07:26
- bored favorited Apple Cinnamon Pancakes 10 Jun 23:50
- craftgirl14 favorited Apple Cinnamon Pancakes 04 Jun 20:19
- wiga i. added Apple Cinnamon Pancakes to FOOD 13 May 16:34
- WaterAngel added Apple Cinnamon Pancakes to Recipes 10 May 22:37
You Will Need
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, applesauce, egg, vanilla, and oil until well combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk together just until everything is incorporated and most of the lumps are gone. Make sure you DO NOT overmix.
Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto hot skillet. Cook for a few minutes, until bubbles form on the surface. Flip over and cook on the other side for an additional 3-4 minutes, until browned on the bottom and center is done.
For the caramelized apple topping:
Set a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add butter to skillet and melt. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add diced apples and stir to coat. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Top the pancakes with the warm apples; drizzle with maple syrup if desired.