Bake an apple strudel
- Rebecca M. favorited Apfelstrudel (Apple Strudel) 12 Jun 23:43
- RareJewel favorited Apfelstrudel (Apple Strudel) 01 Jun 07:07
- Castiel favorited Apfelstrudel (Apple Strudel) 30 May 03:20
- ale_corason favorited Apfelstrudel (Apple Strudel) 27 May 20:59
- Suzi T. favorited Apfelstrudel (Apple Strudel) 27 May 12:13
- Bebs published her project Apfelstrudel (Apple Strudel) 26 May 06:00
Preheat oven at 200°C.
Place the puff pastry sheet into a parchment paper. On the long side, fold both sides towards the middle until they overlap each other. Press a bit at the folds just to create a crease, then unfold to original shape. From the crease cut diagonal slits going out the side's edges about 1 inch apart and do the same on the other side. Cut and remove the top and bottom 2 leaves. Set aside for a while.
Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle on apple slices the add raisins and apricots and mix.
Brush the puff pastry sheet with beaten egg white. Spread some almond flakes evenly on middle part of the pastry. Arrange the apples over the almond flakes. Fold leaves alternately overlapping to create a braid.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown