A pen made out of bone.
This was a project from when I was in high school. It wasn't an assignment, but I made them for art class. I remember using them and I remember them working. Unfortunately I don't have any more ink.
These antlers were taken from a 4 point buck and given to me by a hunter. I cleaned the scalp and hair off of them and sanded the bone before tracing the celtic designs. I used an exacto knife to carefully whittle away the bone to form the tips that I wanted. I used the pointed one for etching and writing and for sketching with ink. The blunt one was used for smudging and blending. The designs took me hours to sketch and draw on the bone, but these are now 9 years old and still look like they did back then.
- Jade S. favorited Antler Pen 28 Sep 18:41
- Barn favorited Antler Pen 25 Aug 22:04
- pink favorited Antler Pen 12 Feb 08:37
- KnittKittten replied to a comment on her project Antler Pen 06 Feb 04:00
- KnittKittten replied to a comment on her project Antler Pen 06 Feb 03:51
- pink replied to a comment on Antler Pen 06 Feb 03:42
- KnittKittten replied to a comment on her project Antler Pen 05 Feb 14:53
- pink commented on Antler Pen 05 Feb 05:30
- KnittKittten entered her project Antler Pen to Nicely Noted Contest 30 Jan 14:28
ZanyDays posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!