Create a winter scene in a jar
- Chudames favorited Antique Winter Scene Crown Jar 21 Nov 07:12
- zoegirl221 added Antique Winter Scene Crown Jar to Christmas 18 Jul 03:40
- Sabi W. added Antique Winter Scene Crown Jar to Schatz <3 09 Dec 09:14
- Bec M. favorited Antique Winter Scene Crown Jar 27 Nov 15:53
- Queen of the Sidhe favorited Antique Winter Scene Crown Jar 22 Oct 02:06
- JJ J. favorited Antique Winter Scene Crown Jar 15 Oct 19:39
- Liu* favorited Antique Winter Scene Crown Jar 21 Sep 21:54
- Joslyn H. favorited Antique Winter Scene Crown Jar 26 Aug 19:58
Clean an antique preserves jar with soap and warm water, let dry.
Scoop up the Snow-Tex 'snow' (Found at Michael's) with a small paint brush and build a mountain of snow on the inside of the jar lid. Snow-Tex is has creamy texture that dries permanently hard in 2 hours; longer for thicker applications.
Sprinkle white Martha Stewart tinsel sparkles to the snow surface.
Cut the wood base off of the sisal tree (found at Michael's) and stick tree into snow. You can add extra snow to the tree if needed, by dapping Snow-Tex to the tree with your brush.
Take a tiny red bird (found at Michael's) and glue to tree using a hot glue gun.
To make the banner, use antique Christmas cards found at your local flea market and cut out a Christmas greeting into a banner shape. Carefully curve the banner with your fingers so that the banner will hug the tree.
Glue the banner to the tree using a hot glue gun.
Add a bit of Snow-Tex to the top of banner to enhance the snowy winter scene.
Let the lid dry on its own over night.
Screw the jar upside down into the lid and behold your winter wonderland!