Another anime type project!
I actually got the idea from the music themed candle project but couldn't really call it a version but, all the credit for the idea goes to that person.So I decided to make this for my boyfriend and really liked the way it turned out. These make great gifts if your low on cash and already have most of the supplies.
- js-m crafts added Anime Candle! to Anime themed party list 28 Jun 20:38
- kiki w. added Anime Candle! to Fandom and anime 29 May 16:24
- Amy C. added Anime Candle! to wanna 31 Oct 20:46
- Barjaa B. added Anime Candle! to 9.16.14 06 Sep 19:15
- Conner W. added Anime Candle! to gift ideas 31 Jul 01:14
- Conner W. added Anime Candle! to craft ideas 31 Jul 01:14
- Conner W. favorited Anime Candle! 31 Jul 01:14
First, melt your wax and add the colour. Note:I used a candle maker so, I'm not exactly certain what another way to go about this would be.
While the wax is melting, be setting up your wick within your jar.To set up the wick you take a small cylindrical object such as,a straw or a dowel rod, tie a knot around the top of the wick, then place the wick inside the jar with the cylindrical object atop the mouth of the jar. I used the metal thing that came with my candle maker but, anything similar to the things I stated should be satisfactory.
Next, despense the wax into your jar until almost full.Once the wax has started to set you should poke holes in the middle and fill with more wax.I think this is to make sure there are no air bubbles in the middle of the candles but, thats just a guess.:P
Now, let the candle set up over night. You don't want to try to glue pictures to a hot jar.
After it has set up, gather your prepared pictures and decide the placement on the jar. Mod podge the area in which the first picture is going then, place the picture ontop of area. Brush a layer on top of the picture.Repeat for other images.
I did several coats of podge on mine just to make sure everything will stick. Let everything dry. Enjoy your candle!