This rich chocolate cake has a huge layer of Andes Mint whipped filling and is drizzled with fudge topping. The perfect chocolate dessert!
This is an easy go-to cake recipe when you need something quick and easy but beautiful! You can leave out the Andes mints if you want just a classic chocolate mousse filling.
- Meagan P. added Andes Mint Layer Cake to food are friends, and food :) 10 May 20:09
- Heather H. favorited Andes Mint Layer Cake 08 Apr 21:41
- char53lie added Andes Mint Layer Cake to Food 03 Apr 19:41
- infAMY favorited Andes Mint Layer Cake 01 Apr 21:17
- Hella favorited Andes Mint Layer Cake 01 Apr 19:18
- Castiel favorited Andes Mint Layer Cake 29 Mar 16:11
- renee p. favorited Andes Mint Layer Cake 29 Mar 07:11
- M1CHAEL5H1RLEY added Andes Mint Layer Cake to RECIPES 29 Mar 05:56
- Mrs. Wolfe favorited Andes Mint Layer Cake 29 Mar 04:34
- Julia C. added Andes Mint Layer Cake to Food :) 29 Mar 03:51
Make cake mix according to box and bake in 2 – 8 or 9 inch round pans (I cut parchment paper to fit, spray the pan with non-stick spray, and place it in the bottom of each pan so that the cake comes out easier).
Cool cakes completely on a wire rack and while they are cooling make your whipped filling:
Put Dream Whip, milk, vanilla, cocoa powder and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl and blend together. Using a mixer, beat until stiff peaks form (3-4 minutes)
Fold in Andes mint baking chips, saving aside a few for topping.
Scoop chocolate frosting into a microwave safe bowl and heat for only about 20-30 seconds in the microwave. Heat until frosting is melted into a hot fudge consistency.
Use a large serrated knife to level your two cakes.
Place 1st cake on serving plate, leveled edge up.
Pour about 1/4 of melted frosting on top of cake and spread to cover (I put this layer in the fridge for about a minute just to cool the warm frosting down before adding the mousse layer)
Spoon all of the mousse on top of the cake and spread it ALMOST to the edges.
Top with second cake– put the leveled edge against the mousse…this keeps all the crumbs in the middle and leaves a nice flat surface on the top of your cake. Gently press top layer down to squeeze the mousse all the way to the edges.
Pour the rest of the melted frosting over the entire cake and let it drip over the edges.
Sprinkle the remaining Andes Mint bits on top.
Refrigerate until serving, this will make the middle layer firm and easy to cut.