A slightly less decadent version that is over the top delicious!
In all truth, I think this is my new favorite dessert... I have a hard time picking favorites... but this one... it has won the title! Sweet, creamy, not too heavy, a little chocolate, almond paste and amaretto... *drooool* oh yeah baby.
Amaretto-amaretti chocolate cheesecake
Lightened up by steph chows
- abigail.ponchillia favorited Amaretto Amaretti Chocolate Cheesecake 17 Jan 21:51
- Shantelle t. added Amaretto Amaretti Chocolate Cheesecake to food!! 08 Dec 06:58
- tribalbutterflyy favorited Amaretto Amaretti Chocolate Cheesecake 01 Dec 02:24
- BlowMeAway favorited Amaretto Amaretti Chocolate Cheesecake 16 Sep 18:13
- Suzi T. favorited Amaretto Amaretti Chocolate Cheesecake 10 Sep 20:40
- BlackCherry favorited Amaretto Amaretti Chocolate Cheesecake 09 Sep 04:16
- Ravens Trove added Amaretto Amaretti Chocolate Cheesecake to Cooking 08 Sep 14:51
- Ravens Trove favorited Amaretto Amaretti Chocolate Cheesecake 08 Sep 14:51
You Will Need
Adjust the rack 1/3 up from the bottom of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. F.
Crust: Butter only the sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan (2.5 to 3 inches deep). Then grind the Amaretti very fine, in a food processor or blender. Then melt chocolate & butter in the top of a double boiler, stir occasionally (I used a pyrex bowl in the microwave). Then add the melted mixture to the Amaretti crumbs & mix thoroughly. (Do not wash the double boiler; you'll be using it again in a min.) Turn the mixture into the prepared pan. With your fingers, distribute it evenly on the bottom and press down into a very firm/compact layer. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
Partially melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler (microwave for me), then uncover and stir it, until completely melted. Remove the top of the double boiler & set aside to cool. Break the Amaretti coarsely into bowl and set aside. Cut almond paste into small pieces, and beat on low speed with an electric mixer, gradually adding the Amaretto liqueur. Beat until it is thoroughly mixed, and set aside.
Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until it is very smooth. Then add the sugar and once again beat until smooth.
Add the almond paste_Amaretto mixture & beat until thoroughly mixed. Add the melted chocolate and beat well again.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating at low speed until they are incorporated after each addition. Add the heavy cream and beat until smooth.
Then add the coarsely broken Amaretti & stir gently only to mix. Turn it into the prepared pan, now pouring the mixture over the bottom crust. Then proceed to rotate pan gently to level the batter. [Do not worry if the mixture comes close to the top; it will not go over.] Bake for 45 min. It will seem soft and not done, but don't bake any more; it will become firm when chilled. The top of the cake is supposed to look bumpy because of the large chunks of Amaretti. Cool completely at room temp., then carefully remove the sides of the pan and refrigerate the cake [still on the bottom of the pan] for 4 to 6 hours, or overnight.