Mixed Media Assemblage
To create this altered clothespin fairy, I painted a clothespin and wooden spool black and glued them together with dimensional paint. I then glued the spool to a black plastic poker chip (you could probably leave this step out or use a wooden circle).
I used images from Gecko Galz to piece together my fairy collage. I added some chalks to enhance the colors of the images. Once my collage was arranged and tacked down with a glue stick, I laminated the collage for durability. I then used strong double stick tape to adhere my collage to the front and the mini dressform to the back of my structure. The piece is embellished with sequins, seed beads,and a blue rhinestone. I wrapped some variegated eyelash yarn around the wooden spool base. She is so pretty.
You could easily create your own fairy using the above suggestions.
- crazycatlady added Altered Clothespin Fairy to i want to try this! 10 May 03:48
- meg s. favorited Altered Clothespin Fairy 25 Mar 17:34
- Donna H. favorited Altered Clothespin Fairy 17 Mar 19:51
- Whimsical Peacock added Altered Clothespin Fairy to fun iDEas 18 Jan 23:14
- Whimsical Peacock favorited Altered Clothespin Fairy 18 Jan 23:14
- tammy d. added Altered Clothespin Fairy to To-make list 12 Jan 17:51
- Mochi Mochi favorited Altered Clothespin Fairy 11 Jan 06:32
Wendy W. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!