great way to recycle what you have and give as gifts!
clean your bottle inside and out get rid of any stickers and the glue. I like to figure out the design first and either paint the bottle or decoupage on tissue paper and the background...if the bottles glass is beautiful I leave it naked.
I used the doilies in some as the main art and on others I cut out the middle of the doilies and used it as a frame of the card. I also beaded and sequined the bottles at times and used glitter as well...on one I used permanent markers and colored the doilies after i modge podged it on...it looks like it is knitted on. The city one I used just parts of the doilie to get the look I wanted... In the end make sure to modge podge it all heavily and let dry over night....I like to leave the bottle so they can use it to hold booze on their bar. Don't forget to do the cap up nice too...I usually paint it then would add the center piece of the doilies. I am going to add the year on the back as well. Have fun and use a lot of recycles things to make it look beautiful!
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Altered Bottles With Antique Doilies! 20 Jul 02:39
- Jousie N. added Altered Bottles With Antique Doilies! to Misc 01 Jul 02:17
- Heather H. favorited Altered Bottles With Antique Doilies! 09 Apr 23:54
- Amy J. added Altered Bottles With Antique Doilies! to to do 03 Mar 00:13
- meg s. entered her project Altered Bottles With Antique Doilies! to Allstarco Contest 26 Feb 00:49
- jodi r. favorited Altered Bottles With Antique Doilies! 23 Jan 01:59
- Queen of the Sidhe favorited Altered Bottles With Antique Doilies! 11 Nov 16:30
meg s. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!