Earn yourself a few brownie points by treating your other half to breakfast in bed with this nut and fruit sensation
Recipe from Mug Cakes, Kyle Books. Photography © Tara Fisher.
A speedy mug cake filled with mixed berries and finished with a crunchy streusel topping.
© 2022 Sinclair, Mima / Kyle Books · Reproduced with permission.
- Moominsmurf favorited Almond And Berry Breakfast Mug 08 Jul 22:08
- Crafterella featured Almond And Berry Breakfast Mug 06 Jul 23:00
- C.J. M. added Almond And Berry Breakfast Mug to Glorious Food! 29 Jun 08:41
- C.J. M. favorited Almond And Berry Breakfast Mug 29 Jun 08:41
- Mima Sinclair published their project Almond And Berry Breakfast Mug 26 Jun 09:00
You Will Need
Place the butter in a 350ml mug and microwave for 10–20 seconds until melted.
Add the egg, honey and sugar to the mug and beat with a fork until combined.
Add the ground almonds, cinnamon, flour and salt and beat again until smooth. Fold in half the berries and then top with the remainder.
To make the streusel, place all the ingredients in a small bowl and rub together with the tips of your fingers to bring together a bit like breadcrumbs.
Spoon the streusel topping over the cake and cook in the microwave. Microwave cooking times differ according to the wattage of your oven. If you have a 600 watt microwave, cook for 2 minutes 50 second; allow 2 minutes 30 seconds for an 800 watt oven, and or 2 minutes 10 seconds for a 1,000 watt oven. Leave to cool slightly, then serve.
Tip: This is just as delicious without the streusel topping, so leave it out if you are running late! Or substitute frozen mixed berries. Just defrost slightly before using.