Modified vintage Naval jacket
When I was about 16 I bought myself a Navy jacket from a quirky little costume shop- an Aladdin's cave of ball gowns, vintage wedding dresses, Chinese new year costumes, army surplus, you name it, it was a dream come true..!
I had to make a lot of alterations to make it fit better (it was a men's M) and it doesn't fit quite as I'd like it to, but I still very much enjoy wearing it.
The sleeves were originally full length, and I unpicked the zip running up the front. I also took in the sides, and unpicked and restitched the back seam for a tighter fit. I took a bit of material off the bottom edge, hemming it with a pink silk ribbon. There's also a tiny orange hand embroidered detail- originally I was going to cover it in old school anchors and mermaids but I got a little lazy, plus it's pretty tough fabric to work with. To ensure the front bib stayed flat I put in some decorative stitches. It fastens with a hook and eye, with a fat decorative ribbon over the top (it's looking a little tired now- I'm thinking of replacing it with a 'fuller' strip of fabric or scarf).
Hope this provides a little inspiration :)
Kat Grim posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!