definitely not poison
With all the Alice themed necklaces I'm seeing around the internet these days I was compelled to make my own.
- Key West Witch favorited Alice In Wonderland Necklace 07 May 11:31
- Julie C. favorited Alice In Wonderland Necklace 09 Sep 00:34
- MagicalGirlMaya added Alice In Wonderland Necklace to Tea Party 28 Feb 23:18
- matthew t. commented on Alice In Wonderland Necklace 14 Oct 05:29
- Kaitlynn L. favorited Alice In Wonderland Necklace 03 Sep 01:31
- mountainlove added Alice In Wonderland Necklace to cool stuff 18 Aug 01:24
- Penny F. added Alice In Wonderland Necklace to Accessories 09 Jan 12:58
- Jem L. favorited Alice In Wonderland Necklace 07 Jan 18:29
- Lace B. favorited Alice In Wonderland Necklace 03 Jan 16:30
- Jamie H. favorited Alice In Wonderland Necklace 06 Dec 04:17
Fill your bottle with water (I used rose water to fit the theme better even though you can't smell it after sealing) and add a small amount of glitter and a single drop of food color.
Seal the cork with a strong but flexible glue such as beading glue.
If your cork doesn't have a loop on it you can add one by drilling a hole through the side of the cork and adding a strong wire.
Cut a tiny tag from card stock paper and write "Drink Me" on it, or you can print it on before cutting if you don't trust your handwriting.
Use a craft knife to "drill" a hole for the string.
To give the tag an antique look brew yourself some hot tea. Take the bag and pat it on the tag until it's nice and wet. Blot the tag with paper towels and use your finger to GENTLY rough up the edges while it's still damp.
Allow the tag to dry before moving to the next step. You can also stain the string for the tag in this same way.
Drink your tea while you wait. :)
After the tag is dry, loop your string through the hole you made before and tie it to the neck of the bottle. Add a dot of glue to the knot to keep it in place.
String your charms and bottle onto a length of ribbon so they form a nice little cluster or attach the charms to the loop on the cork if it is large enough.
At this point you can choose to add a clasp or simply tie the ribbon behind your neck.