How to get well defined curls for curly hair
Frizzy hair--it is what it is.
Frustrating. Annoying. Unmanageable and unruly.
Except when it isn't.
I've been through every curly hair stage you can possibly imagine. I treated it the same as you would glossy, straight hair for years until realizing I probably should NOT brush it out dry. I tried to deny it's existence like every other curly-girl growing up in the 1990's. I've worn it so crunchy with product you could hear it crackle if you touched it. But all that came before I realized how fun and low-maintenance a head full of curls could make a girl's life.
I'm not one to mourn about how I wish I had straight hair. I don't. But great curls don't just happen (and I've got the bad yearbook pictures to prove it).
Oh. And one more thing. This regimen only works on curly hair. I'm pretty sure you won't get the same results with stick-straight hair unless you get happy with a curling iron. HA.
- Missing file
- Missing file
- Carla B. added 5 Steps To Well Defined Curls to Style my locks... 21 Jul 19:34
- Carla B. favorited 5 Steps To Well Defined Curls 21 Jul 19:34
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited 5 Steps To Well Defined Curls 19 Jul 23:42
- Penny J. favorited 5 Steps To Well Defined Curls 05 Sep 10:34
- Josephine B. favorited 5 Steps To Well Defined Curls 02 Sep 05:42
- Barjaa B. added 5 Steps To Well Defined Curls to Hairstyles 27 Jun 17:37
- Anna Bean added 5 Steps To Well Defined Curls to Penny Lane 02 Jan 10:55
- Anna Bean added 5 Steps To Well Defined Curls to Regina Spektor 22 Oct 01:21
- Gabrielle M. favorited 5 Steps To Well Defined Curls 16 Oct 14:35
- Juli T. added 5 Steps To Well Defined Curls to Willy Wonka 19 Sep 23:03
Step 1: Start with clean towel-dried hair. A little idiosyncrasy about curly hair is that it's typically really dry. I've probably had greasy hair syndrome like, twice in my life. Shampooing also dries out the hair so I'll shampoo my hair one a week. The rest of the week I use only conditioner.