Use scrap wood to make a beautiful 5 point star!
Turn an ordinary piece of scrap wood into a beautiful star to decorate your home for the holidays or all year long.
Watch how I made mine here:
1. & 2. Trace the pattern 5 times side by side (sharing a side to reduce cuts) and then cut them out with a jigsaw
3. & 4. Paint each diamond shape with Chalky Finish in a color of your choice
5. When dry sand the edges and corners
6. Glue the pieces together to create the star
*If your pieces don't fit together perfectly you can glue a small scrap of 1/4" thick plywood on the base......Nobody will see it!
7. Try painting them in different colors
8. & 9. Stencil over the stars with metallic gold or silver