Historically, bruschetta was embraced by Italians for its ability to stretch out a meager supply of food.
Today it's one of my favorite comfort meals that is easy to prepare and bursting with summer flavors. In its truest Italian form, bruschetta requires bread be toasted over real coals, then rubbed down with slices of raw garlic. Drizzling olive oil over the bread and toasting until golden brown in a pan saves on time and tastes better, in my opinion. Top with chopped tomatoes and basil straight from the herb garden makes it a show stopper. The way the sweet juices from the tomatoes soak into the garlicky toasted bread is irresistible.
- ashley.aneiro favorited 5 Minute Bruschetta 08 Oct 03:36
- Luna S. added 5 Minute Bruschetta to recipes 03 Feb 19:25
- Luna S. favorited 5 Minute Bruschetta 03 Feb 19:25
- bisiybuldum favorited 5 Minute Bruschetta 16 Jan 08:45
- Shantelle t. added 5 Minute Bruschetta to food!! 02 Oct 06:44
- Kaiulani W. favorited 5 Minute Bruschetta 10 Jul 01:30
- wiga i. added 5 Minute Bruschetta to FOOD 13 May 16:35
- keisha w. favorited 5 Minute Bruschetta 26 Mar 01:35
- Jen C. favorited 5 Minute Bruschetta 24 Mar 15:01
- angie favorited 5 Minute Bruschetta 03 Mar 10:46
Heat up a pan and drizzle some olive oil.
Toast the baguette slices for 4 minutes.
Turn off the heat and immediately rub with cut side of a head of garlic. The warmth of the bread releases the garlic's aroma.
Top the freshly toasted bread with the chopped tomatoes and basil. Season with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper.