Create your own 2015 memory jar!
Turn an old or broken Christmas ornament into a topper for your 2015 memory jar by following this tutorial! Now if you don't have an old/broken ornament or you don't want to scarifies any of your other good ornaments, then thats ok. At this time of year, stores are always having sales to get rid of there Christmas decorations. Most likely you will be able to find a bunch of ornaments you can either take apart or use for this project at a very cheap price.
- Mia added 2015 Memory Jar Diy to Room Decor 18 Jan 08:21
- Mia_Ferry added 2015 Memory Jar Diy to Room Decor 18 Jul 10:51
- Sheri P. favorited 2015 Memory Jar Diy 15 Mar 08:07
- Kimberly L. favorited 2015 Memory Jar Diy 05 Mar 07:25
- Jenna Joy favorited 2015 Memory Jar Diy 05 Jan 07:51
- Jeannette I. added 2015 Memory Jar Diy to Non-sewing projects 03 Jan 18:39
- Jeannette I. favorited 2015 Memory Jar Diy 03 Jan 18:38
- SugarNSpiceLily added 2015 Memory Jar Diy to upcycling 02 Jan 22:28
- Muhaiminah Faiz favorited 2015 Memory Jar Diy 02 Jan 17:27
- Katie K. published her project 2015 Memory Jar Diy 02 Jan 00:16
You Will Need
Take apart your old ornament. You can do this by using some pilers and possibly scissors. Remove the parts of the ornament you don't like until you have the piece or pieces you want to use for your jar. If you didn't have an old ornament, you could always go out and buy a cheap ornament that you would either want to take a part or use as a complete piece for your jar.
Now grab your ornament, charm and cardstock numbers and assemble your pieces together. First what I did was add my charm to a jump ring and then added it on the loop I glued in the middle of my ornament. Then I glued down the whole ornament to the top of my jar lid. Finally,I glued the cardstock numbers in place. As a side note, when I got done when this step I ended up finding some teal pom pom trim. Since I felt the gold lid was competing with the sliver glitter, I decided to add the pom pom trim around the rim of the jar.