An ergonomic alternative to over priced holders.
Fellow felters know how expensive those little needle holders can be. They run about $15-$20 in craft stores, and if you buy them on line there is shipping to pay.
So I decided to make my own, ergonomic version with junk from around my house.
Warning: Clover needles claim not using their holder with their product can be dangerous. So if you some how maim your self doing this project, you have been warned.
- satilanna added $1 Felting Needle Holder to Misc. 29 Nov 22:35
- GeJoPa favorited $1 Felting Needle Holder 10 Jul 07:45
- Leia B. favorited $1 Felting Needle Holder 20 Mar 02:21
- Kimberly <3 favorited $1 Felting Needle Holder 20 Apr 16:15
- bomont favorited $1 Felting Needle Holder 15 Nov 02:49
- bexda47 added $1 Felting Needle Holder to Felt 19 Aug 13:51
1 Dollar Store Flash Light
2 Buttons that fits into the pipe behind the flashlight bowl but does not fall through.You also want to make sure that the needles just fit
in the holes. Too big and they wiggle, too small and the fat portion of the needle won't pass though.
4 Felting needles
1 Ball of roving to stuff behind the needles to hold them still.
1 Exact-o blade
Push the needles through the back opening of the bowl and push the buttons down into the center. They should fit snugly and not be able to pass though the other side.
at this point you would take the screw on backing that held the bulb in place and push some roving (loose wool) into it, then screw it back in place over the needles and buttons.