A complete step-by-step beginner's guide to sewing, S.E.W: Sew Everything Workshop by Diana Rupp will teach you everything you need to know to be handy with a needle, machine needle and thread.
The bulk of this book is filled with techniques and lessons covering the sewing basics. Once your confident enough to get started, there are 25 projects to choose from including clothing, gifts, accessories, toys, stationery and homeware. Stitch a simple hobo bag, an elegant sew very pretty cardi, a cute unforgettable elegant, a chic cape mod, a breezy easy wrap skirt and even a canine couture coat.
Including ten paper patterns (estimated at $80) this book is a bargain for anyone wanting to learn how to sew their own wardrobe and accessories.
The Book A lively how to and why to sew tutorial that marries attitude and instruction while teaching everything you need to know:
- How to find the right machine, and become one with it
- Essential skills, from winding a bobbin to sewing a dart to customizing a pattern
- Preparing a workspace
- The Ten Fabric Commandments
- Laying out and cutting patterns
- With step-by-step instructions and full-color photographs and illustrations throughout
- Cuddle-Up Cardigan
- Tender is the Nightie
- Foxy Boxers
- Canine Couture Coat
- Cape Mod
- Power Tie
- Tokyo Tie Bag
- Lucky Scrap Scarf
- Naughty Secretary Skirt
- Founcy Tank Top
- Knockout Knickers
- And more!