Grad student: how to survive?

As a grad student, I help keep exorbitant undergrad tuition costs from going even higher by providing dirt-cheap teaching labor to my university. In exchange, they waive my "tuition," which is basically imaginary money that administrators shuffle between accounts. And by the way, after a few years of classes, that "tuition" charge still applies--even for the 3-4 years of grad school when I'm conducting independent research without taking classes, and TAing for less than the market value of my labor to earn my stipend. For 2/3 of my time in grad school, my university is providing me with precious little instruction beyond what I can learn by myself in a library. If I had to pay tuition on around $30k of imaginary tuition fees out of a $20k/year stipend, I and others like me would have to quit grad school. And then the university system would lose much of its cheap teaching and grading labor pool, and have to hire real employees from a shrinking pool of writer trained academics. And undergrad education would cost more.

Edit Delete
Moderate: Hide this post
1 reply since 15th March 2018 • Last reply 21st September 2018

I think the Healthy mind and a healthy body are the key factors that are very important for everyone but when we talk about students at university level we can see that they don’t pay much attention towards the idea of healthy food. Students mostly prefer junk food and think that it is healthy although it causes many problems in the long run which students are unable to realize at this level. Junk food has not sufficient nutrients and it always leaves you hungry which obviously cause more craving to eat something else afterward. The best thing to acquire a healthy approach towards life is to change your routine and keep in mind what are you eating? Is it healthy or not? It would be better to eat readymade stuff because it is hygienic as well as makes you in proper shape. It also makes you active and saves you from laziness which often takes control of your mind and body when you eat junk food. Drinking water is another way to live a healthy life because if you are hydrated then you would be able enough to deal with many issues. My friends are looking such topics and i think these guys will happy to get this one.

Edit Delete
Moderate: Hide this post