halloween!

56 replies since 23rd July 2011 • Last reply 23rd July 2011

We've been working on new Halloween decorations for close to a month now. lol We're one of the only ones in our neighborhood who thinks decorating for Halloween is more than just an inflatable cartoony witch Tongue This year, in addition to our spider infested cemetery, we're adding on a science lab chock full of specimen jars, books on all sorts of critters, a mechanical spider that moves, and our pet in a chained up chest who growls and thumps around. Hubby will probably remain Death as he enjoys that costume and the facial prosthetic was costly. I'm going for the Mad Scientist type running my own little dig'em up and slice'em up. We like scary Happy

Edit Delete
Moderate: Hide this post Mark as Spam

@Elaine Sounds Awesome! I wish there was more people that cared about halloween where I live. My friend's mum pretty much spends her life preparing halloween (mainly for the local kids). Making decorations, preparing recipes, buying sweets, making very intricate costumes.... She lives for halloween!

Oh, and I love the mad scientist idea!

Edit Delete

@Elaine, you guys must have the best time! i wish you were my neighbor!!!

Edit Delete

Well, I'm not sure how much the kids enjoy it as we had 4 who wouldn't brave our yard at all and 2 who cried and ran for mommy when the 'mannikin' dressed as death talked to them XD The best tho was a 12-14 yr old boy who refused to enter the yard and his 6-7yr old sister calmly walked up past the hubby and the critter and asked for her candy very politely. When hubby said hey, she was all calm and 'hey...nice costume' and then rejoined her family at the road. She refused to share her candy with her brother. Perhaps it's my cruel nature, but I confess to laughing really loudly on that one Happy

Edit Delete

I laughed when I read your comment. I guess I'm cruel too! I bet he would call his sister if it was the other way around!

A few years ago I went dressed as a witch to my dance class (the teacher had asked us all to come dressed up because it was a halloween dance) and all the younger kids started crying!! Seriously, it was the most pathetic witch costume ever: cheap dress, painted nails, nylon hat etc.

The full cheapo witch works.

I had to miss the full dance class because a bunch of eight year-olds didn't like my costume...

I understand that young kids scare easy but I had toddlers wanting hugs off the 'funny witch'.

Oh, and that happens a lot at halloween parties. At nearly all of my parties the older ones scare easier.
Why???
I love it when people make an effort for halloween (especially when it's half realistic). I'm not sure whether my friends agree though... Tongue

Edit Delete

Maybe the young ones are too young to realize there are scary things out there or young enough to believe that if there are witches and 'bad guys' then obviously there are also heroes and good guys who'll save them?

Edit Delete

@ Elaine S. Haha! That's hilarious!

@Panda-Goes-Rawr No problem! I just wish I had pictures! But I hate having my picture taken. Happy Oh well. Happy

Edit Delete

I have no idea, I was thinking of going as Merkel with my best friends are going as Putin and Berlusconi, but that might be just a bit too nerdy. Although, I went to a costume party with a friend dressed as Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton so...

Edit Delete

i wanted to get some crutches from a local thrift store and i would use my sling (i broke my collar bone a few years ago) and i was gonna be some sort of accident prone person lol!

Edit Delete

I kinda want to be a french maid or something......Last year I was a kind of fallen angel

Edit Delete

http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/board/swapping/swap_shop/5947-the-whole-works-halloween-swap

We do have a Halloween decoration based swap down in the swap area if anyone would like to join.

Edit Delete

@Spirit Singer I LOVE the whole fallen angel idea!
I think i've decided just to go for a all-black look (minus the hair which will be neon pink and green or something.
Sounds boring but i have very little craft skills for a crafty person.. =

Edit Delete

This year I'm being Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony. XD

Last year I was a paper doll, I wore a dress made out of old newspapers, which was a lot of fun to make, but required a LOT of newspaper. It's a great costume though!

Edit Delete

@Charmander Rib Cage OMG I used to love rainbow dash when I was younger!! Aww you've got me thinking of cute colourful ponies now!! *memories*

Edit Delete

i was accually thinking about being a zombie- but i decided to go with being a punk alice in wonderland- like do my hair pink add fake blood and blak stuff x) haha so if any1 has a recipe for FAKE BLOOD add a link on my page! thxxxxxxxxxx HALOWEEN ROCKS!
btw chek out the spirit haloween stores for fun! preeeetty awesome! just sayinnn... ;)

Edit Delete