My day was great because...

102 replies since 1st February 2010 • Last reply 1st February 2010

i get to do acrobatic gymnastics again tomorrow
i dyed my nails(varnished my nails? i dunno) in a new colour. i got pearly white nailpolish, put in some dark purple, and voilà: light purple, gorgeous nails^^
and....MY MOM CAME BACK FROM AMERICA! yay! she was there for work for 11 days, and i missed her, but she's back! and she brought gifts....
a HUUUGGE bag of dried mango slices <3 and some adorable cupcake sprinkles<3 and 2 manga books! and she's back! so happy about that!
bad news, however is that i got 2.6 out of 10 in a math test. however, i'd calculated that if i'd get 1 out of 10 for that test(the lowest you can get) my average grade (all my grades added together and divided by the number of grades i'd gotten) would still be a 5.5 out of 10 and i'd still have an average grade that's complete. so with that grade i'd be able to go on to the next class. and now i have a 5.8 out of 10, so its good enough.

Edit Delete
Moderate: Hide this post Mark as Spam

tomorrow we'll be doing choice subjects in gym class again, i get wall climbing with vera^^
the choice was wall climbing or street dance, and since i dance every week, and barely ever climb, i decided to pick wall climbing.
i'm really looking forward to that, i love wall climbing.
and i got 7.1 out of 10 for a physics thingie, and a 6.8 out of 10 for the physics test.

there's also a bittersweet part to this story: today, i noticed that when i was almost done with getting the right books and my coat and stuff, D. walked by. the lockers were almost empty, except for a couple of kids i knew and some friends of mine and a few others.
my friends were still standing there so i decided to wait for them so i would maybe get to talk to D. again (i'd decided that the next time i'd get to talk to him alone, i'd ask him why he was acting so annoying). and when i saw he was, indeed alone i went over to him and asked. we were partly out of everyone's sight, but still like 2-3 meters awy from those friends of mine and 5-6 meters from other kids. anyway, i asked him why he was so annoying....like this:
me: hey, D. why did you act so annoying?
D.:when?
me: at the start of the year, all the time.
D.: but i'm still being annoying.
yeah, i know. but why?
D.: because you annoy me
me: okay. you to.
then we had to go, so both went our separate ways.
now, he said this with a neutral face, and no emotion is his voice...
of course, i'd hoped for something lie because i like you...but that wouldn't have happened anyway. i don't think he likes me. but at least, i asked-now some of the insecurity is gone.
so bittersweet, because i asked and he doesn't like me i think.

what do you guys think?

Edit Delete

Finished my essay =) two days before the deadline! This is the earliest I've ever finished an essay. Unfortunately, it's also the shortest essay I've written since I got back to uni - they've all been 2500 words but with 10% allowance, and I've got 2586. Normally I have like 2748 =P

Edit Delete

I had a great day because I spent a few hours with my grandparents, we went for a walk and we saw plenty of very pretty signs and Hello Kitty jewellery in the mall. I bought myself a really cute necklace (not Hello Kitty). And I had very good tasting hickory flavoured almonds. ^_^

Edit Delete

My day is amazing cos my teen son is playing Dawn of War 2 while singing along to Abba Gold-Great parenting !
My sister's b'day card to me arrived two days late,so her, but made me laugh so hard I couldn't stop coughing for 10 minutes ( had to cancel my b'day as was too poorly-spent the day sharing dayquil doses,tissues and dozes with my hubby ) roll on 44 -gosh that sounds old!!!!

Edit Delete

I bought my very first lipstick! You wanna see it?!

http://www.limecrimemakeup.com/airborne-unicorn-opaque-lipstick-p-236.html

I can't wait for it to get here!

Edit Delete

Ooh cute colour!

I want to wear red lipstick but I have to wait another three weeks to dye my hair again so it'll match.

Edit Delete

My good thing is that I got really far with making my top and learnt what interfacing is and that I have to go buy some =P it's a really cute top pattern, I might make a few with the same pattern, and it should be really easy to customise in terms of making it longer and shorter (this one is "tunic" length, so maybe just long enough to wear as a dress, but is really a top.) The only thing that's gonna be a bitch is the lining - I've got lining material but it's that nasty shiny stuff, and if I put it on the inside of this top, it's gonna make it all hot and awkward to wear. But I don't know what else to put, and the material's too thin. Although I'm thinking about leaving it and just wearing a plain black strappy top underneath it. Hopefully be able to wear it to my boxing social on Monday =) gonna make one from Batman fabric next!

Ooh and does anyone have an idea of what to put on it? It's blue and white horizontal stripes, so looks kinda nautical. I'd like it to be punky but it's probably too cute for that, so maybe something rockabilly? Considering a stencil of Bettie Page or Imelda May.

Edit Delete

The lipstick got here! I looooove it!!! Happy

Edit Delete

....I made a carrot cake and it was actually good!!!

Edit Delete

@courtney: i love the lipstick colour and story ^^
@Stevie g: in holland, we have a joke. rougly translated,its like this:
one day, a rabbit walked into a bakery and asked, do you have carrot cake?
the baker answered, no, we don't have carrot cake. i'm sorry. and the rabbit left.
the next week, the rabbit came back. do you have carrot cake? it asked.
no, said the baker. i'm sorry, but we don't have carrot cake. and the rabbit left.
the next week, it happened again.
the baker thought, the rabbit'll surely come again soon, i'll make a carrot cake for it.
and the next week, when the rabbit came and asked if the baker had any carrot cake, the baker said yes, we do have carrot cake.
upon which the rabbit said: "yeah its disgusting, huh?"

yeah it's a lame joke but who cares =P
anyway, my good things were
its weekend
grandpa and grandma are here
there's a band evening tonight and i'm going there with vera and other people
i had a tee refashion idea for the tee refashion swap

Edit Delete

I had a great time yesterday with our band!And they made a new song and its sooo awesome!I cant wait to sing on it.
Today I went with my mom,dad and husband shopping and got some great stuff!
I got a pair of new scissors (the rubber ending parts,because the old ones made my fingers hurt)
Big amount of yarn-including a fuzzy one wich I cant wait to use
New knitting needles and embroidery thread in sooo many colors!
And I have so much inspiration for new crafts the last days i had to write everything down to not forget.
Now where going to make some home made pizza with Joci (my husband) and later our friends are coming over to drink and act silly.
So I have a really-really great day!

Edit Delete

You guys are gonna LOVE this!

I was with my friend Lauren in the library today, and I was getting out some books, when I turned round and she looked really freaked out. Turned out she'd got her finger stuck. In one of these things

So after trying to get it out with hand cream, we disconnected it from the rope and she was allowed to sit down behind the library desk with this pole stuck to her =P we tried ice because her finger had swollen up, we tried washing up liquid. What eventually happened was that we had to call the fire brigade =D they showed up in a fire truck with their big outfits and hats and that, and managed to disconnect the ring from the pole, so she just had this ring on her finger. They tried getting it off by expanding the metal in hot water but it just made her finger swell up more haha. So we got a lift to A&E in a fire engine =D it was immense. We thought they were gonna cut the ring off but eventually the doctor just yanked it off, bruising Lauren's finger really badly in the process. But she still has the ring! And I took pictures cause it was so funny =D

Edit Delete

My day was great I just had my 2 year anniversary on St. Patrick's day and got a new tattoo to celebrate it! I love new tattoos!

Edit Delete

Oh your poor friend, I bet she was super-embarrassed, bit of a painful way to meet firemen though, she should bung her cat up a tree (not a euphemism) like everybody else lol=D

I love new tattoos too, sadly it takes me sooooo long to decide what to get I don't have them very often lol

Edit Delete