lack of inspiration

i'm like working on a dress right now in between school work. i was all stoked about it at first and now i feel like i should finish it but it's hard getting started again. just not as excited as i used to be. ugh. just wanted to bitch. anyone else get like that? advice maybe?

Edit Delete
Moderate: Hide this post
6 replies since 9th October 2009 • Last reply 9th October 2009

yepppp all the time. its amazing how many unfinished shit there is in my closet.....

advice? is to remember why i got so excited about it in the first place. probably wont help you but, still..

Edit Delete

troll this site, there is alot to see, maybe it will get you started again

Edit Delete

I'm a little prone to this too and have a half finished dress myself Happy I find the swaps help keep me focused and get me finishing things. Also I find having a couple of things on the go helps. You can have a break when you get board and do a bit more on something else. Also I sometimes make myself sit down for 30 mins and sew a bit on the dress. I figure if I do this enough it will get finished - every bit helps.

Edit Delete

i have AT LEAST half a dozen plush waiting for faces.. some reason by the time i have finished sewing and stuffing i am not excited to put a face on.....
i like rabbit rabbi's advise- about remembering why you were excite to start the project in the first place

Edit Delete

This happens to me a lot too, but not when I'm working on clothes. It's usually when I'm writing. For some reason I'll have this tremendous writers block. I hate it!

Edit Delete

I'm the same, I've got so many black sacks full of clothing and get excited at the prospect of making something... and I've got two t-shirts to make a tux t-shirt thats on here and netting to make a tutu, but not the get up and go to actually make them...

Edit Delete