21 Signs You Sew Too Much
21 Signs That You Sew Too Much
1. You own 3 pairs of scissors
2. “fabric Stash” is an underestimate
3.You know your body’s measurements by heart
4. “Sew only September” is on your bucket list
5.You no longer feel pain after sticking your finger with a pin or needle
6.The seam ripper is your best friend
7.You go to a clothing store and think “I could make that”
8. Whenever you hear “Make it work” you automatically picture Tim Gunn
9. You will frequently disappear for hours and have nothing to show for it because you couldn’t “make it work”
10. You will stab someone for using you fabric scissors for anything but fabric
111. “Where did you buy that?” Is the world’s best compliment
12. Joanne’s is preprogrammed into your GPS (Like you actually need it)
13. You can perfectly eyeball an 1/8”
14. You go hours with a measuring tape around your neck forgetting it’s there
15. You own more than 2 pincushions
16. You know what different fabrics are based on their feel
17. You own more throw pillows than you know what to do with
18. You know the differences between a Baste stitch and a Topstitch
19. Your sewing machine has a name
20. Be honest, you haven’t measured a hem since your first circle skirt
21. “Hi Lo” Is an excuse for not measuring the hem…
Check out the full Blog here: http://mycupoftea-elfinadventure.blogspot.com/
Not quite there yet but I see the signs
I have number 22 - look for any excuse to pick up a needle!
I'm certainly showing a lot of these signs : ) I love pincushions and throw cushions. I've also made a lot of coin purses and zippy pouches.
I'm definitely showing signs - my fabric scissors are sacred items and my bf knows my reaction if he tries to use them on anything else ;) I've also got multiple pin cushions and needle books.
I don't know who Tim Gunn is, I don't shop at JoAnn's, and I don't make throw pillows.
The rest sound pretty right, but I generally just throw my tape measure on a chair when I've finished with it, or wrap it up and put it in my sewing box.
Also, I don't just own pincushions, but I have made all of the ones I use.
I don't think I have ever named any of my sewing machines, but I refer to them as my friends. haha
My definition of a hem is 'making sure the thing doesn't fray like crazy'...So, no, I don't measure them either :p But my sewing is currently being ignored because of loads of school work...
1,2,5,9,10!!!!,16,19...,20 exept for I haven't made a circle skirt I don't make clothes I make plushies
I purchased my very first lock machine today. I call her Lucy and we're going to have much fun during fall break
We'd love to know what you think - Leave your reply right away