I'm a bit of a nomad. I've lived in loads of different places in the UK. Its hard moving all the time but I have made a lot of friends. I've recently moved to Cardiff for a new job and I'm slowing getting used to finding my way round a new city.
I count myself as really lucky as I get to do a job that I really love and feel is worthwhile. I work for a biological records centre, which means we collect and store all the wildlife sightings and records for the south wales region. My new job is mostly inside (my old one was part survey), but I still occassionally get to go out and look for interesting plants and animals. Of course I still wildlife-spot in my spare time (when weather permits and I'm not crafting that is).
I've loved making things for as long as I can remember. My favourite crafts are embroidery, collage and jewellry making. I've also been crocheting for about a year now and really enjoy it. i've just got a sewing machine and really love it! I'm only making small things at the moment to practice and get used to it, but I want to work towards making my own clothes. Crafting is a really social activity for me, so I join craft groups whereever I'm living, and of course I love CO + K for sharing ideas and chatting to other crafters.
- Vintage-style things
- Owls, birds, hearts and roses
- Primary colours (I don't really do pastels to wear, but I do like them in home-furnishings and fabric). My favourite colours are turquoise, red, plum, blue, emerald green, black, white and purple.
- Bright geometric prints
- Vintage flower prints and florals in general
- Matryoshka dolls and themed items
- Nature and natural history
- Recycling and upcycling
- Comics and graphic novels
- Anime and manga (inc. studio Ghibli)
- Plastic jewellry
- The 60's & 70's (I can be a bit of a hippy)
- Fruit and food
- Vintage Sci-fi books (think Philip K. Dick, Arthur C. Clarke and J. G. Ballard).
- Beads and charms
- Postcards and flyers
- mix cds
Crafts I do:
- Hand sewing
- Machine sewing (Beginner)
- Bead weaving
- Other jewellry making techniques (wire wrapping & macrame)
- Paper mache
- Polymer clay (Beginner)
- Crochet (Beginner)
- Paper crafts (inc. Collage)
- Origami (Beginner)
- Newbie vs Vet (Newbie) with Dragonfly
- Destash 2# with Essex Debs
- Stationary swap with Ursula B.
- Matchbox round 2 with Jolanda
- Dotee Doll Beginner swap with Corvus
- Earring swap with Bindibabe & Jolanda
- Stash & Craft Round 1. with Julie G.
- Chunky Book Round 1.
- Halloween swap with Reidergirl
- Bracelet swap with Hannah and Nikki
- Fall Dotee Doll swap with Pammerz
- Secret santa xmas cards
- Chunky recipe book swap Round 1.
- Stash & Craft Round 2. with Hayley S.
- Valentines swap with Wreckless butterfly
- Spring Stash Swap with Vicki O.
- Personal swap (Matroshka's) with Jolanda
- Personal swap (Make-up) with Ashley H.
Swaps I've hosted:
- Crafty kit swap
- Birthday grams
Find Libby W. onFlickr
- favorited Dainty Layered Necklaces Diy! 26 Sep 07:01
- favorited Boho Chic Tassel Necklace 26 Sep 07:00
- favorited Classy Macrame Bracelets! 26 Sep 07:00
- favorited Leather And Chain Bracelet Tutorial 26 Sep 06:58
- favorited Easy Seed Bead Earrings 23 Aug 09:54
- favorited Stackable Bangles 23 Aug 06:40
- favorited Tea Light Paperweights 23 Aug 06:39
- favorited Ginger Jars Diy 23 Aug 06:37
- favorited Mexican Tin Folk Art 23 Aug 06:36
- favorited Rope And Tassel Bangles 23 Aug 06:36
- favorited New Boho Bracelets 23 Aug 06:34
- favorited Making Fake Blood 22 Aug 08:52